Monday, October 22, 2012

"I'm new" Meal Plan Monday- Oct 22

I've tossed the idea of starting a blog around for some time. I've decided to give it a go! I have a few goals concerning meal planning and hope this blog can help keep me motivated and on track. Through a few other RD blogs I've noticed this meal plan monday deal that was started by I'm an Organizing Junkie. It seems pretty genius to me and will help give me more than enough ideas to get serious about this meal planning business!

I will post my weekly plan each Monday. My goal is to cut grocery shopping down to once a week and eating out to once or twice a month in order to stay under our monthly grocery budget. Our family is mostly one income because I work really part time right now. We are trying to stick to a tight budget as my husband is also working on his Master's degree part time. The grocery budget has been a little over $200 a month to feed three. Not bad but I'm a stickler and think we can get it under $200 and also save by not eating out. I want to show you that eating healthy does not have to be expensive! More importantly it's just so much healthier folks! And MOST importantly, eating healthy will help you feel and function better in your daily life!



So here is my first official Meal Plan Monday :

Moday:
Baked Salmon, Brown Rice and Green Beans

Tuesday:
Tacos with Beans, Strawberries

Wednesday:
Leftovers/ On your own (This is the night Husband is at class so usually it's going to be leftovers)

Thursday:
Chicken Alfredo and Roasted Acorn Squash

Friday:
Chili Party at church: I'm planning to take White Chicken Chili

Saturday:
Breaded Tilapia, Broccoli, Peaches

Sunday:
Roasted Pumpkin, Squash, Apple Soup and Homemade Rolls

I think I was craving fish and squash this morning as I was planning. I didn't end up making salmon last week so it's bumped to today. I must say that I was really impressed with how much C (my son) loved spaghetti squash. He inhaled it last night and today at lunch! Don't be afraid to offer new veggies! You just might be surprised what they'll eat with a little spaghetti sauce on it!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking to my blog! Good luck with your meal planning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Holly! I hope I can give more of your recipes a try in the future. The breaded tilapia was a hit!

      Delete